I began my Training Contract with Shahban Solicitors in September 2021, having worked at the firm in a paralegal position since September 2020.
Prior to this I studied my LLB Hons Law Degree at Keele University. I am currently studying the Legal Practice Course (LLM) at Staffordshire University.
In my role as Trainee Solicitor at Shahban Solicitors I shadow many departments and so am acquainted with many areas of law. My special focus areas are Family Law and Immigration Law.
I provide tailored advice to my clients, no matter how complex their issue is. When giving advice, I always strive to inform my clients of all the possible outcomes of their case, both positive and negative. Although this can be difficult to hear for the client, it is important that they are provided with the most realistic advice at what is most likely to be one of the most difficult times of their life.
I pride myself in the working relationships that I build with my clients, providing friendly and professional legal advice.
Within the Family Law department, I advise clients on a wide range of areas, including but not limited to:
- Divorce and separation, including Civil Partnership Dissolution
- Domestic abuse and violence
- Cohabitation agreements
- Financial and property matters
- Private law children matters
Within the Immigration department, my main areas of expertise include but are not limited to:
- Partner, spouse or fiancé visa applications
- Settlement visa applications
- Visitor visa applications
- Study visa applications
- Asylum applications and appeals
- Entry clearance applications and appeals
- Applications for extension
- Applications for citizenship
- Deportation appeals
In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my young daughter and socialising with friends.